I have to add the latest event which was the Father Daughter dance. We were invited by my SIL, as the school putting on the dance was my neices'. We decided to go as this would be a nice event (and appreciate the invite) to take the girls to and daddy could possibly enjoy. Well, heck we don't care what daddy likes right, his vote doesn't count...he's already out numbered!! HA!
Anyway..This was a nice night, however, the sad part was the innocence of this night was taken by several things...well, only one...Worldly things! I saw girls with dresses equivelant to prom dresses and the girls ages ranged from 4-13. What happened to simplicity of the young. Make up, professionally done updos, heels...really? Then Mr. Dj was playing inappropriate music...like the Pussycat dolls, 'Beep' song. Maybe I am just old and traditional or maybe this is a sign of the times but it's sad. We are making our kids grow up too fast and teaching them that these things MATTER. Childhood is supposed to be fun, simple and beautiful. Not about WHO has WHAT! I hope I teach my kids the difference and that simplicity is more than likely a better and happier place to be!
Regardless, the DJ finally changed the music and started playing kid friendly songs that my kids actually knew and danced to and had an enjoyable time, however it was iffy there for a while. Below are a few pics.
***(I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but this is how I feel and well, its MY BLOG anyway)***





1 comment:
This is the neatest site, it just makes me want to SMILE real big!
Your family is so beautiful, and we're real happy that Gina and Bryan found each other!
Lots of Love, Karen & Chuck
Post a Comment