Then with Jean McClure, our guest speaker, she was awesome, funny and such a spiritual lady! I loved the facts about sheep and how we are SO much like them, Jesus used so many parables to help us understand Him. I think my favorite fact is that the sheep can only have ONE shepherd; yes, only one! There was many facts that I liked but I think my other favorite little tidbit was how the sheep rubs up on the shepherds leg waiting for a pat on the head. God guides us and takes care of us and loves us so much, so much more than we could ever fathom.
You wouldn’t think so, but I am an observant person, I like to see the dynamics of people around me and just observe. This weekend I saw so much love poured out. The ladies around me were so transparent not worrying about who was going to judge them or what others were going to think of them. They were so open with each other as well as with their testimonies and what they are going thru at the moment and how our Lord Jesus Christ is working in their lives; Especially when they did the cardboard testimonies, that was so beautiful and I know many ladies were touched including me! There was definitely a bond there that I have never seen before, I truly saw sisters in Christ this weekend. Especially with someone like me who always has had walls put up to protect herself and her heart; it really helped break them down, not only to be myself but to truly experience the Love of Christ in me. We are all broken people in one way or another whether we want to see it or not but we have the faith and hope of Jesus and what he did for us on the cross that we are forgiven in Him.
On Saturday evening we were all told to choose a random note card from a basket….I’m sure there was 200 note cards in each basket. On those note cards was scripture, so I read my and thought ok that was nice thinking everyone had the same one. When I found out all scriptures where different I was truly amazed because when some ladies decided to share what their scripture was, I and everyone else saw how perfect each one was to every individual situation, IT WAS truly amazing! I know for one, my sister who’s husband is in Mexico and can not return, received one with promises of hope (I don’t remember the verse). There was even a lady who when she received one she picked another because of what it said, the first was about obeying and being patient and the second one she picked said scripture about needing to listen! And mine (after reading it and truly understanding it) realized it did apply to me. Psalm 119:25-27 My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to your word. I have declared my ways, and you answered me, teach me your statutes. Make me understand the way of your precepts; so shall I meditate on your wondrous works.
There is no, “What are the odds of that happening?” or “Isn’t it funny how that works?” --There is no ‘odds’ or ‘how THAT works’ its God’s amazing Grace, Love, Compassion and Mercy for each of us, PERIOD!
I want to thank everyone involved with this beautiful retreat! I am most certainly hooked, not only for Jesus again but on returning to every retreat from here on out! (So sorry ladies there maybe more, rubber snakes, silly string and plastic wrap!) Love you all!!!
Here are a few pictures of the weekend.....

Yes that is silly string being sprayed on the weekends worship teams. I will not confirm nor deny that the bottle was brought by me. ")

The AT&T Worship Bars

Rockin out at the coffee house

My sister and I or as my mom calls us....The Storm Sisters! (mischieveious)

2am and went for a dip in the HOT SPRINGS!!! (or as I like to call it Chunky Dunking)

Who on earth would plastic wrap a car?!? LOL! (The post it says Jesus Loves you and So do we!!)
.





No comments:
Post a Comment